worked successfully with
over 180 organisations
over 30 years practical experience
“Hilary is fantastically knowledgeable
about museums, their problems
and how to solve them”
Tony Butler, Executive Director
Derby Museums Trust
I work with museums and heritage organisations
to help them to stand on their own two feet,
be stronger and survive into the future.
I’m known for my pragmatic approach, innovative solutions,
and being brilliant value for money.
My mission is to is leave you feeling positive and resilient.
This website gives you information about me, my work as a consultant in museums, heritage and culture, and what current and past clients think about me.
As one of the UK’s leading consultants working in the cultural sector, I have great depth and breadth of experience in managing, developing and leading organisations. Now a specialist in governance and building organisational and personal resilience, I can support you through customised workshops, coaching, mentoring and a range of tailor-made support. My clients find my bespoke workshops incredibly valuable, stimulating, and fun. Read my brochure here for examples of how I have supported a range of different museums.
See the Services page for more on what I do.
If you commission me, then you get me. I do not employ juniors or assistants but if you need a larger team with skills in other fields then I can tailor a bespoke team for you too using people I have worked with before and whom I can recommend. See the Associates page for more on this.
- the “go to” consultant for governance and resilience building
- innovative thinking
- pragmatic and imaginative solutions
- extensive successful experience of HLF
- passion and enthusiasm for museums and heritage
- combining this with management experience and business sense
- coaching, mentoring and organisational change skills
- a national perspective as working throughout the UK with a broad range of types and sizes of organisation